Sunday, February 27, 2011

The goings on at the Glade house

Time for an update I think. Houston has been in our family for just over 6 weeks and that is also how long it took for our family to all get healthy! I think we are on the mend. Landon and I are still suffering from clogged ears lingering from the head colds. Landon is so awesome and doesn't complain a lot. Me on the other hand and so close to stabbing something sharp in my ear. I have googled and tried EVERY trick to unclogging it. I am taking medication for an ear infection and nothing is helping! I can honestly say it is one of the more annoying things that has happened to me. I am trying to be patient, really I am!:)

Houston is getting so big and chunky!  He is such a wonderful baby who is also starting to smile at whoever will talk to him. We are so lucky to have him. I got some video of him trying to smile and just being cute. He will go for his 2 month checkup in a few weeks, I can't believe it!   I think I am mostly recovered from surgery and finally feeling really good.
 The boys are staying busy and don't have much time to get bored thank goodness. It will be so nice when they can be outside all the time. Landon has a broken temperature gage and will play basketball in freezing rain sleet or snow. We should call him The Mailman!  He is also doing so awesome in karate. We arranged it so he goes alone instead of the same class as Carter, so his teacher can work with him a little harder. He is catching on so well. He is also doing amazing in school. We are so proud of him.

Carter spends every waking minute practicing his karate or fighting off bad people with his airbender stick. He is doing awesome in school and reading every book I can throw at him.  He also spends a lot of time outside despite the temperature.
Miss Afton.... what to say. She is 2 going on 12. She rules the roost and loves to let everyone know who is boss. She makes us laugh everyday with the things she says and does. She is a huge help with "Hooden" as she so lovingly calls him. He will cry and she will come running from the farthest corner of the house to give him his binky or bottle.  She has started trying to pick him up and carry him which scares me to death. Gotta watch her close.





Enjoy a few pictures of our cute kids! Love you all
 

2 comments:

Diana Glade

So cute! He really is adorable! I can't wait to meet him. Also, I can't believe you have been dealing with being sick, taking care of sick kids, healing from a c-section, and have a new baby. You are super woman.

Tylynn

Oh I love that little one! I think you should post a picture of Afton as a baby and one of Houston to show how much they look alike as babies...