Sunday, October 23, 2011

HI!! We are the Glades, and we are still alive!

HELLO!

I have all the time in the world, I decided I have no excuse for not updating this blog.  Our life has recently been turned UPSIDE DOWN!  In case you haven't heard, about 2 weeks ago I was hurrying to get kids to school and Landon to a dr appt. I was carrying Houston down the stairs in his car seat carrier, my foot slipped out from under me, and I could not tell you what happened after that. I saw my foot, tried to stand on it, heard and felt the most horrendous things and decided I better sit back down.   Long story short, the neighbor called an ambulance to come get me because I was passing in and out and throwing up which Brandon managed to beat to the house from work.
I managed to break my ankle in 3 places and had to have surgery. They put plates and screws in my ankle and told me no weight bearing AT ALL for 6-8 weeks. That is not something you can tell a mother of 4.

The kids have been making lots of new friends and Landon and Carter have had to grow up and be huge helpers!  We are so luck to have such great kids.  Brandon has been taking over all the responsibility of being a single dad running the whole house. I can't thank him enough and he amazes me so much every day.

Like I said, the kids are doing great!
Houston started crawling just last night and now loves being about to get whatever he wants.
Afton is trying so hard to grow up and do big girl things. Just tonight she wanted some popcorn. She climbed up to the microwave and cooked it all by herself. We found out just what she was doing when we spotted the smoke pouring out of the microwave. Her response?  " I did it!"  Love that girl.
Landon and Carter are busy at school and doing awesome. Landon will start playing Jr Jazz basketball in the next few months and is really excited. Carter is getting involved in anything he can at school. He loves to help and do anything he is asked.
Here are a few pictures of the kids over the last few months. Afton learned to ride a big bike with training wheels. She loves it!












2 comments:

Karina

Ouch!! So sorry to hear! I hope you heal faster than the doctors think! xoxo

Rachel Keppner

OH MY!!! I hadn't heard! I'm so sorry, Nicole! I hope you heal well and soon!

Love,
Cousin Rachel