We have this awesome 32 inch LCD Flatscreen tv that we really love. It is almost 2 years old. The other day, Landon and Carter were playing (fighting), Landon got mad and the remote control at Carter. Except his aim is really bad and he tagged the TV. Guess what? no more tv. It is all lines and you can't see any kind of picture. The sound is great, but does us no good. We called and it would cost just as much as a new TV to repair it.
WOW! What a test as a mom. I was very calm and let the boys decide their own punishment. They decided to get their jammies on and go to bed. It was 6:30 at night. they also lost all tv, and video games for a week. (we have another tv in our room). I know they have learned their lesson. I will say, that we have done a lot of things together as a family and got a lot done towards moving. The lessons in life are hard but good in the end.


3 comments:
Oh man! YIKES! I think they should make TVs strong enough these days that remotes can be thrown at them and do no damage. That sounds like a good idea to me!
Better a remote at the tv than the Cobra Jet wing in the grill!!
Ask Brandon about a thrown x-wing fighter that had to be removed from someone's head. I can't remember who the thrower and receiver were. At least a remote is sort of blunt on all edges :o)
Post a Comment