I have been thinking about the feelings I had while watching the events of the day yesterday. I found myself feeling very proud that I was able to witness the swearing in of our first African-American president, while feeling scared about what he might do. I don't agree with many of his ideas, and pray that he will be guided in what is best for our nation. I will not lie, I am scared. I am scared for my children and what they will have to face. I am proud to be an America and I am proud of my country. I hope we can get it right. I was also very sad to see President Bush go. He was a great man. He may not have made the best decisions, but he was humble, gentle and loving. I was sad to hear the disrespect given to him yesterday in the new presidents speech and from the people attending. I am ashamed. I wish he could be remembered for the good he did and the good person he was.On the other hand, Michelle Obama is a class act. I am excited to see what she does and how she affects what her husband does. Their daughters are cute as ever. I loved it when I heard a report that Michelle told White House staff that their daughters WILL have chores and they WILL make their own beds! She is so real and genuine. Lets no forget how amazing she looked yesterday as always. I appreciate the family values the President and his family have. They seem to be normal like you and me. I hope that continues.
Thank you if you have made it this far. I just wanted to document my ramblings and feeling.


1 comments:
I am impressed with your post. You were very nice about all that is happening. I feel the same way you do about all this.
Post a Comment