Saturday, January 31, 2009

FRUSTRATION!
We thought we were in heaven when we purchased this home. Then came the trials. I can look back with a smile now because there is hope in site, but the last week and a half have been one step from hell.

We woke last week to find that our furnace had stopped working at some point in the night. Right as a cold spell was hitting Utah. It took 5 days and 5 or more trips from the wonderful repairman to find out what it was. It would work for a few hours then quit again. The in between times and nights were not fun. I was more worried about the kids, but the space heaters and fireplace seemed to help a little bit.

Then in the midst of all of this we were in the kitchen making dinner, and I had just loaded the dishwasher and started it when we noticed it was leaking! We stopped it, cleaned up the drips and had dinner. During dinner we hear this shrill type beeping coming from downstairs. Brandon goes to investigate only to find the carbon monoxide monitor going off in the laundry room downstairs. We had not installed it yet and it was sitting on top of the dryer being dripped on thru the ceiling. Yes we had water coming from the dishwasher upstairs into the laundry room downstairs. While cleaning it up, we just kept finding more and more water. ARGH!!

Fastforward to today. The furnace is fixed, and I think we have a solution for a dishwasher. I was doing some research and the part to fix the dishwasher will be over $50.00 to get. I hate the dishwasher anyway, so my idea was to sell our portable one from the old place and use the money to buy a new one. Well, that idea has not worked so far. Lots of lead, but no buyers. Along comes my brilliant sister Patrese. " I think there is a way to permanently install your portable dishwasher at your new house!" WAALLAA!! We found the instructions and are going to attempt it today!! YAYYYY!!! I love that dishwasher so much anyway, and now if I can have it here in our new house. What a wonderful concept! Thanks Patrese!

I thought our life was bliss until Brandon reminded me that these things happen in 3's so we have another one coming. He spoke to soon and it seems ours comes in 4's. Yesterday, my computer cord broke again, leaving me with this dinosaur of a computer to use. (I know, I should be grateful to have one), and Brandon informed me this morning, his XBOX 360 has the red ring of death on it (apparently meaning it is broke).
That is ok. We are warm, we are healthy and we are happy to be together. This has all taught me that we are a tough group. We can handle anything!!

2 comments:

Diana Glade

OH MAN! That is ROUGH! That would make me want to rip my hair out. I hope nothing else brakes!!

Bethany Rice

Have Brandon talk to Tyler about the Xbox, he was just telling me about that happening. He knows some sites online. I hope this works and that you are out of the hard times for a while!!